Monday, July 7, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame...(Texas, Part 2)






As continued from part 1. (see below) After surviving hanging out in my wet jean capris most of Thursday, we all hopped back in the vans for new adventures on Friday. This time, we were dry and stayed dry…..for the most part. I can’t completely count out sweating, as we did plenty of that. We took in the zoo in the mid-day, I got to see a bald eagle. I’m proud to be an American..where at least I ….sorry. I’ll have to say my favorite part was standing in the doorway to the gift shop. Ohhh feel that air conditioning! Janine treated everyone to an Icee. It at the time…was the most delightful cold treat I’ve ever had! After the zoo, we headed over to Minute Maid Park to enjoy a few happy sightings of Derek Jeter’s backside….err I mean the Astros taking on the Yankees. We had a great view on the main level…even though we had to stand the WHOLE time. Oh well. At the bottom of the 7th or 8th inning, the crowd joined together to sing….. “the stars at night…are big and bright….CLAP CLAP CLAP….deep in the heart of Texas!” I’ve never felt more in Texas than I did at that moment. Saturday, nothing huge was planned, but Val and I made sure we took in a good steak. We found our delight at a place called Saltgrass. What a delicious steak! I haven’t been many places where they messed up a steak….mmm…now my mouth is watering!! Whew..after going and going all weekend, we decided to take it easy the remainder of the day and hang out at Steve and Sharon’s for a home cooked bbq. Of course, we had all the fixins’, hamburgers, hot dogs, raspberry salad, and of course the famous pasta salad! Mmm…good! I was ready to go home the next day, I was exhausted and ready to be back home. Thank you Texas for the fun, but this girl loves her some Wyoming!!!

1 comments:

MetroParks said...

Derek Jeters was a Cleveland Indian for a short time so I know what you mean about that backside. There is something about a man in baseball pants and there is something even better about Derek in them. Funny that they sing, "Deep in the Heart of Texas" on the 7th inning stretch, the rest of the country sings "Take me out to the Ball Game." Leave it to Texas and their ego :-) I bet it was fun though.