Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kristi Has a Green Thumb? Who knew?



So this year…I made an attempt at a seed-grown vegetable garden. I stayed somewhat simple, but I have to say, I’m quite impressed with myself. I planted a small row of peas, green beans, radishes, and carrots. As of today, my peas, green beans, and radishes are flourishing!! The carrots are working their way up, but I’ve been told carrots tend to “take their sweet time”.

Ohh and don’t tell me I need to thin out my radishes or prop up my peas more….thats my Saturday morning project. :)

Of course the rock garden is always filled with flowers that do very well, one in particular which we decided to plant from a bulb. If you couldn’t tell, it’s the tall plant with the orange flowers and 6 more buds waiting to bloom! Our first year, we only got one bloom, last year we got three blooms…and this year…10!! I’m a little worried about next year. Hehe. Oh and the weird part…the flower spread. I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard of a bulb flower spreading across a garden, but this one sure did! If you look closely you can see a shorter second one with no blooms yet. Gardening is so exciting!! Yay me!

0 comments: