Friday, July 11, 2008

Handbags and Powertrains


Guess what my wonderful dad got for me?? My very own Dooney & Bourke purse. It's even from the new 2008 "Hayden" collection! Going price on Dooney.com... $347.00!! What did I do to deserve this you ask? I helped my dad take GM related tests. My dad knows his stuff as far as cars are concerned, but he's not so fluent in computers. I basically run the computer and we run through the tests together. Mind you...these tests sometimes take 3 hours!!! Holy cow! I know! Once completing these tests, he is considered current "certified" and he is given reward points. He built up 5,000 reward points over a short period of time and he decided it was time to shop. He picked out a fancy color GPS, Middleton 2 way radios, a Nikon rifle scope for my Ryan's birthday, a Samsung computer monitor (yay a bigger and flat screen for taking MORE tests), a quieter Honda generator, a self inflating queen size airbed, and a D&B purse for my mom. MY reward: My very own REAL Dooney & Bourke purse AND I'm now knowledgeable in the powertrain/features department of any major GM truck or car. YAY!
**By the way...he has 1500 points remaining, I'm trying to talk him into using 500 of those points toward a Nintendo Wii system! Keep your fingers crossed!

0 comments: