Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You Shook Me All Night Long. (Texas, part 1)




I’m sure you all are dying to hear about my Texas trip. We had a great time. It was hotter than …well you know what… down there, but I survived. Janine and I leisurely drove to Denver on Wednesday the 11th and met Val at the airport when she arrived from Salt Lake. We all hopped on the next flight to Houston! Yay!! We arrived a little before midnight in our cool and air conditioned airplane. As soon as we stepped off the plane in that little connector walk way thing……wow…I wanted to die! If I’m remembering right, Janine and Val had to pull me screaming and kicking away from the plane. Was it the flight attendant that gave me the final shove out the door? Hmm…I can’t remember, that part is kinda fuzzy. Can you blame me…I was drunk on humidity. For the next 4 days, I was ….well to put it simply….sweating my face off!! We went to the beach in Galveston on Thursday, played and played in the waves. What great fun! I loved it! After drying off and changing out of our “swim” gear, we headed to Kemah Boardwalk for more fun….and more wet. ACDC’s “You Shook Me All Night Long” will forever remind me of the “Boardwalk Beast”, a fast speed boat ride through Galveston Bay that WILL get you…soaked..or as I like to call it..the “12 dollar shower with your clothes on”. Actually despite my grumblings, it was fun! Ohhhh the memories I will forever have of seeing the 15 foot wall of water on each side of the boat and knowing it only has one place to go……..down…on me! We laughed and laughed and then pretty much spent the rest of the evening ringing out our clothes. Of course nothing helped and about 30 minutes later…it rained! I believe that was the one time in my life that I walked calmly and happily through a rainstorm. We stopped, still soaking wet, at Whattaburger on the way home to grab a bite to eat. All I can say is...I’ve never eaten a more delicious hamburger wearing soaking wet jean capris in a very air conditioned room. It was cold! Stay tuned for Part 2!

1 comments:

Rachael said...

FINALLY!!! That trip looks like SO much fun! I LOVE the picture of Janine & Val! I can't wait to hear about Part 2!