Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Lone Witness

I had one of the greatest days ever today! No Witness Wednesday! It was slightly impossible to have any sort of staff lunch meeting today......AS I WAS THE ONLY STAFF MEMBER!!! We are in a transitional phase right now. Our bookkeeper quit at the end of July, as I mentioned before....and who had to take over the books? ME! So, I became the bookkeeper along with the main legal assistant. It's too much! Well, the interviewing process began...and right smack in the middle of it all......we lost another full time staff member..HOLY crap! How much can one girl endure? She actually decided to go to school full time and the firm is allowing her to work part time as long as the work is there. BUT yes, that left me, handling the books, billing, and taking care of 7 attorneys all by myself!! I seriously feel a little crazy lately! I've got great news though....ready? We've hired a bookkeeper and he (yes I said he) starts on the 2nd! He seems really nice and his resume is extremely impressive. I'm sooo relieved! I thought I wiped my plate clean of bookkeeping when I transitioned over to full time legal assistant almost 3 years ago! More great news...we hired another legal assistant, she starts on the 8th! My life is going to be blissfully stress free at work very very soon! I suppose after all this is said and done...more Witness Wednesdays are bound to happen. I've gotta enjoy the small breaks when I can! :)

Ok...here's my 2nd "Witness Wednesday"

Something I’ve witnessed in the past: Janine and I installing XM radio in her car (ok..I helped her do it JUST tonight......still the past!)

Something I’ve witnessed today: My beloved 9th Street overrun by the dang students!! I sat through 2 red lights at Harney and 9th this morning! Ugh! I love Laramie traffic in the summer!

Something I want to witness in the future: me in bed before Midnight! It's bound to happen one of these days!

*great and now technically...it's Thursday!*

0 comments: