Friday, August 15, 2008

Keeping up with the Joneses…..or rather Tradition!



We made our annual Bear Lake trip this past weekend! Boy, do I love that lake! This year we planned our trip during “Raspberry Days”, fun times…except it was CRAZY town! I’ve never seen so many people in such a small town! Janine and I frantically spent an afternoon back in July trying to reserve a spot at a campground…any campground! I don’t know how many times I heard, “Sorry…we’re full!” “Sorry, no spots available” Ugh!! It was so frustrating, but finally Janine found us a spot at the “Traveland RV Park”, which was quite nice. We were pleasantly surprised…nice showers, flushing clean toilets, clean area, nicely located just off the main drag in Garden City. We loved it!! It put us close to Fish Haven, to the Lake, to Garden City, and to the South side. It was perfect! What a fabulous weekend! We played in the lake, we had bear lake pizza, we talked around the camp fire, we had smores, of course, we laughed, and we lived through the craziest rainstorm Saturday night! Seriously, scared the pants off me. Our tent was moving back and forth in the wind, the rain poured down non stop for what seemed like 5 hours! We woke up the next morning to find several tents draped over people’s cars with them sleeping soundly inside. Our tent was up on this hill and it was one of those two room tents….ya know..the more I think about it..our tent was the King!! We had fun…err..I had fun! I hope everyone else had fun...although..I think William didn’t fully appreciate my style of camping. Oh well…I tried to help everyone have fun, but I’m not a miracle worker! BUT…don’t you worry your little heads.…I did snap a lovely montage of “white girls and gang signs” pictures. OH, and I don't like slide shows...so...Enjoy!


2 comments:

Janine said...

Of course I had fun. I think I'll camp at the Traveland every year! It was perfect-o!

(Oh my crap...I just said perfect-o. I hate words like perfect-o, and gar-bah-gi-o. Clearly I have been working too hard. I need a vacation!)

Rachael said...

Looks like SUCH a fun trip! I love the pictures!!!!!!