Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Well said!!

I truly truly bleed brown and gold....always have..and always will. With that deep rooted love comes a strong dislike for both BYU and Utah.

In my reading of the news and such today, I came across this "public forum" in the Salt Lake Tribune. One particular comment stuck out to me. It relates to Utah Coach Jim Boylen getting reprimaded for his comment to Wyoming Head Coach Heath Schroyer. It comes from.....ironically enough...Provo! Way to go Dan Carlile from Provo! Well said!!!

Here it is...enjoy!

Utah Utes coach Jim Boylen's shenanigans over Wyoming's last-second alley-oop dunk in an eight-point-loss game is full of hypocrisy. Boylen claims that Wyoming displayed "a lack of respect for your opponent" when the Cowboys threw down the unnecessary dunk in the game's waning moments.
Sports fans argue whether or not the late dunk was appropriate - I don't think it was a big deal - but I just wonder where Boylen gets off saying that Wyoming showed a "lack of respect" when he was the one who greeted the Wyoming coach at the end of the game with the kind phrase, "F--- you!"

Dan Carlile
Provo

0 comments: