Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dumb-Dumbs!

Why do people not listen? Why can’t people use common sense? If I say such and such Attorney is not in the office right now. Keywords being “right now”. Does that mean they are out till tomorrow? NO! I’m telling ya, I’ve come across some dumb people, but COME ON!!! I think in the last 3 years, the dumb dumbs have tripled! So is it just that I’m overloaded in the common sense department…or is the world really full of bad listeners and no common sense dumb dumbs? Another example, “hi is so and so there?” “No, he is out of the office, can I ask him to call you back?” “no…that’s okay, can you just ask him to call me back at…” 745-DUMB? SURE! And yet, here’s another… “Hi is so and so there?” “No, he’s out of the office, can I ask him to call you back?” No.. no message…I’ll just call back later….yeah…. I’ve really got to talk to him about my dog, my cat, my horse, my estate, my wife, my car, my beer, my job, and yeah..I just really need to talk to him like I said about my dog, my cat, my horse, my estate, my wife, my car, my beer, my job…so yeah…just have him call me back at…” UGH! Do people really do this? You bet they do!! I hope for your sake that you are never on the receiving end of such a lame call! I get off the phone after calls like that and I think “thank you for wasting 18 minutes of my life…that I WILL NEVER get back! I’ve got another example, it relates to common sense. If your name is Mike…or say your name is even something uncommon like… Sampson….who’s to say we don’t have 3 other clients with the first name Sampson? So if you call a business and you are asking to talk to you Attorney or your Doctor or anyone that is a non-personal close friend. PLEASE…I’m begging you…please, please don’t just say “this is Mike..” Ok….MIKE WHO??? Gosh!!! Ok…off to take an Advil and a deep breath. Hehe :)

0 comments: