Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All aboard the Sarcastic Train


sarcasm

One entry found.
Pronunciation:
\ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\

Function:
noun
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm
synonyms see WIT <---- I love it!!!

Designed to cut or give pain???? Are you kidding? No it’s not, sarcasm is funny…face it!

So the other day, I was talking to an individual, let’s call this person Wendy. I like Wendy, Wendy is a nice person, Wendy and I get along, Wendy and I share common interests, Wendy likes to talk, Wendy can be pretty dang funny, but sometimes…poor Wendy...she just doesn’t get it!!!!

Let’s take a quick step back in time, when my parents welcomed me into this world, they quickly slapped a pretty pink and red label “sarcastic for life, now laugh, it’s funny” on my back. I grasped that label and as soon as my little legs could carry me....I ran!

Back to Wendy, we’ve known each other for a while now, you would think that a girl could catch on to some simple sarcasm. Nope! Honestly, I think she’s trying to avoid the sarcasm train, she’s standing there saying “No, no, no, I refuse to get on that fun looking train where everyone is laughing and having a great time, I’d rather be standing here on the side and not laugh!” Every time the train comes around to her lonely depot, I yell “come on Wendy...it’s so fun!” Still she refuses. I’m not giving up, I will continue to say sarcastic things to her and hopefully one day, she won’t take me serious and try to explain why this is this and that is that…taking my funny and stomping it dead to the ground.

Wendy is living proof that people can live without brains..hahahaha!

0 comments: