Friday, May 16, 2008

Say My Name...Say My Name..


AND they did!!! I was the lucky winner of a $50.00 dollar bill last night! As Data from the Goonies says “Fifty dolla bell, fifty dolla bell!!!” We went to BAH (Business After Hours), which is a social gathering of sorts with drawings and yummy appetizers from different local restaurants around town. It’s usually every other Thursday and a different business will host each time. Well this week was hosted by the Laramie Area Visitor’s Center. They are trying to promote the Ice Arena for events and such, other than just hockey and ice skating. It’s really pretty cool inside. Last night was my first time there. Eeek, I know..I need to support the community better. Get off my back, would ya? Long story short, it came time for our favorite part of the evening….the cash drawing!! “say my name…say my name”, I whispered as they reached in the bowl……………”KRISTI NELSON” My first reaction was to jump on the table and do a “I just won 50 dollars” dance, but my realization of the rep I gotta protect kicked in. I clapped and smiled and said “yay!!!” The moral of the story: WAIT..there’s a moral in this….hehe. My moral in this: “Being a winner, feel so dang good!”

1 comments:

Janine said...

50 dolla bell!!! LOL! Data rules. You, however, are lame. Because I was also wanting them to say MY name...but Nooooo. ; )