Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I've Got Friends in Low Places

Or should I say, I’ve got friends in the tire well of my car. Ok…yeah..NO! I’m pretty sure there is a reason Garth Brooks didn’t sing those words… #1 I’m positive he didn’t walk out to his car the VERY day the song was written, only to find a squirrel hanging out on his tire. #2 That song wasn’t even written by Garth! #3 The song was written by Earl Bud Lee. Oh and apparently the idea of the song was born when he and some songwriting friends gathered for lunch one day at Tavern on the Row. When the check came, Lee realized he had forgotten his money. He was asked how he was going to pay for the meal, and he replied, "Don't worry. I have friends in low places. I know the cook." #4 Well there is no # 4, but you get the point. BUT yes it’s true, I walked out to my car (yes, my cute convertible car) at lunch time and found a “friend” in a low place…my tire well. FUNNY side note. Kermit just came in the office and said “I just saw a squirrel climb into the tire well of Mike’s car.” So apparently…we have tire well climbing squirrels in our parking lot.

0 comments: