Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's a Love Affair...in Pairs!

I bought another new pair of shoes. I know, you're thinking "of course she did...when doesn't she buy a new pair of shoes?" I'll just say it...women share two weaknesses: men and shoes. Ok..it's out there! Between me and you, I think it's mostly shoes! Honestly, my love affair with shoes started a long time ago. I remember running around the neighborhood in tap shoes. Yeah..that clackety clack noise all the time. Hey I loved it! I was certain it shouted, "cool". I loved those plastic high heels with the gold elastic straps. We'd buy them at the "Alco", honestly a pair lasted like 3 days and then ya had to talk mom into buying a new pair. Yeah...luckily, they didn't break the bank. Hmm...at least, I don't think they did. My mom was always so willing to get me a new pair, ohh she's the devil....aiding in the obsession...I understand now. Oh and I'm telling you, nothing beat driving up to "Payless Shoe Source" and picking out a new pair of tennis shoes or church shoes. I loved the smell of them. Yes, that cheap leather..mmm..and plastic soles. Ya know the kind that when it got cold outside, your shoes froze up and made an even louder and more annoying clackety clack noise than the tap shoes. Ok, I never had those shoes, but I hated (no offense) that sound in the winter when some kid would walk by with his frozen plastic soled shoes and all I could hear was "clack clack". I know that doesn't make much sense since I LOVED the sound my my tap shoes, but hey that's different. Tap shoes are supposed to sound like that and it was a pretty dancey sounding clackety clack. Plus..it meant I was "cool". Anyway...I love shoes! Check out my new ones!!

3 comments:

Janine said...

I am laughing so hard at the clackety clack memories!!

Janine said...

Oh...and yes, the shoes are cute!

MetroParks said...

I love them. I am so out of it I don't even know what brand they are and I want some so tell, tell. Sadly, I am only current on trends that affect 5 and 7 year olds.