Friday, March 5, 2010

Wacky Week

To put it simply, I’ve had a wacky, wacky week!!

Let's summarize...

Monday – Mondays are Mondays, I really could stop right there. You know, I actually consider petitioning to end the “work on Monday” thing, but poor Tuesday, it would just end up taking the wrap. Me and my soft heart, just couldn’t do that. Well, my Monday this week, started out semi normal, UNTIL Cindy walked into my office to give me some papers and I said “my mouth is on fire”, and of course she asked me why and I proceeded to tell her that I had a burrito for lunch and it was to say the least…really HOT! Warning Wacky ahead………… she said “ohh well because that’s healthy!” Huh? Umm…what? The fact that my burrito was hot, really had nothing to do with whether or not my burrito was healthy or not. WACKY!

Tuesday - My Tuesday started out normal, just like my Monday. No surprise there, UNTIL the evening rolled around and we all packed in my trailblazer and headed to the Wyoming basketball game. Warning Wacky ahead…………Wyoming beat Air Force!! We actually won! We ended our losing streak!! Ahh..what a feeling! Hard seasons are rough on the heart. Anyway…WACKY!

Wednesday – Now Wednesday, just when you thought things couldn’t get any wackier. My Wednesday was just a tiny bit busy, not only was I working on billing, but I was also slapped with two Supreme Court briefs. Conclusion……briefs suck! The afternoon begins to roll around and I’m finally seeing some light. Yay! So I’m walking down the hall to deliver some paper on a case to Cindy. As I turn the corner, the bathroom which is across the hall from her desk and on a normal day, just an empty ladies bathroom, but not today.... Warning Wacky ahead…………someone and when I say someone, I mean a small boy about 4 or 5 is sitting on the toilet, WITH the door open and he’s grunting. Yes GRUNTING! Ok I’ll say it…… WACKY!

Thursday – Matt brought his dog to work. Matt went to court. Matt left the dog alone in his office. Why would Matt do that? (think Dick and Jane books) I’m calmly working at my desk, the office is relatively quiet. ROOF ROOF…….Skeeter (the dog) begins barking and barking. How disruptive! I can hear the dang dog clear in my office. Warning Wacky ahead……Knowing that Matt is not in his office, what’s the best thing to do? Oh of course, pick up the phone and page the dog to be quiet, right? Exactly! So, I picked up my phone and paged into Matt’s office, “Skeeter? That’s enough of that…stop!” The barking ends. I’m so proud of myself, Skeeter has stopped barking and it’s quiet. ROOF ROOF ROOF………ugh! So, I pick up my phone and page the dog again. “Skeeter….stop that, please. Matt will be back soon!” The barking ends. Did Skeeter finally realize that the voice in the phone was dead serious and that he should stop barking for good? Noooo!! I ended up walking to Matt’s office and consoling the dog for a bit. Officially, I guess I’m a legal assistant, a bookkeeper, a dog-sitter, and the “voice in the phone”. What a day!! WACKY!

Friday - Friday is finally here and I can safely say, nothing wacky has happened yet. Maybe that’s why I love Friday so much!!!!!

2 comments:

Torsten said...

Sounds like the craziest times ever for sure

Sharon said...

HA! That does sound like a wacky week! I did LOL at you paging the dog.