Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm back, I'm back, I'm back....and GO COLTS!!!

Superbowl Sunday is just around the corner, all you football fans!!!!! Get out your Colts gear and let's rally around cute ol' Peyton Manning! And Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie and Joseph Addai and Reggie Wayne...and Dwight Freeney... JUST RALLY OKAY!! (and no..I'm not a Colts fan JUST because I think Peyton is cute and I'm not a bandwagon jumper either!)



I've been a Colts fan...well let's just say a long time. Just trust me on this one.

I'm going to step up on my soap box for just a minute.

I know the New Orleans Saints are experiencing their first Super Bowl berth, I understand that the Colts have been to the Super Bowl. I also understand that Peyton has a ring already. I know all this stuff. Now tell me, why do people root for the underdog? Why do they WANT the Saints to win?? JUST because they've never won? PLEEEASE!!!!! I hate people that pick a team based on those silly AND stupid factors. For example..Wyoming Cowboys...ohh my beloved Wyoming Cowboys, I will always be here for you...through thick AND thin! And for that, I believe that I'm a tougher and stronger fan than some fans out there. Because...now hear me out...Wyoming....we fight for what we get and we deserve what we get, when we get it. I can tell you first hand, that victory tastes so much sweeter when you work your BUTT off for it!!!! Some of those teams out there, like Texas or Florida....do they really know what sweet sweet victory tastes like? No! They know what victory tastes like and what they THINK sweet victory tastes like, but I would love for ONE of those fans to be a Wyoming fan for one year....follow your team through REAL struggles and then tell me what victory tastes like. Now back to my "picking your team with brains" rant, Wyoming is a lot of times....an underdog. I've NEVER NEVER, not even ONE time seen OR heard of anyone cheering for Wyoming to beat all these teams or beat so and so based soley on the fact that Wyoming is the underdog. Sure, Wyoming has never won the Rose bowl, Wyoming has never won the BCS championship game. SO why don't people cheer for Wyoming to MAKE it there? I mean...we are the underdog...so come on...all you "pick a team because they've never been there" fans....where are you when Wyoming needs you? HUH???? I'm disgusted with the lack of knowledge that most fans have when it comes to "picking" their team. Pick a team based on something other than "pity"!! Pbbt...I know the Saints don't want the Colts to just roll over and let them win.....OUT OF PITY! As for me, my brain, and my two hands, we will cheer for the Colts! The Colts deserve this JUST as much as the Saints....so HA! And GO COLTS!!!!!!

Stepping down from this here soap box now......

And there ya have it, the thoughts and ramblings of me....Kristi.


Now...aren't you glad I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack???



0 comments: